When you've come to terms with the idea that you're not having children, you've reassessed your life goals, felt relieved that you're comfortable with your selfish lifestyle, sleeping in; life just throws you a curly one.

Monday, July 12, 2010

Physio

Saw the physiotherapist this morning.
I have a tubigrip (elastic band thing that goes around my bump to help with stability).
Apparently I also have about a 3cm gap between my stomach muscles or 'diastisis' (separation of the rectus abdominis muscles), which again adds to my instability, along with the pubic symphysis dysfunction. And my butt muscles and my inner thigh muscles are tight and sore from trying to keep my pelvis together.


So I have to wear the tubigrip, I have to ice for 10-15 minutes, I have to stop doing thigh squeezing pilates exercises, and I have to roll to get up out of bed etc.
She gave me some massage that absolutely killed, but I feel better for it.

When I got up (earlier than usual) this morning, baby hadn't moved for an hour and a half, which was unusual, as the morning Cheezel is usually quite active. But by the time I got to my appointment, there was movement. So I was relieved. Cheezel just had a sleep in I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment