When you've come to terms with the idea that you're not having children, you've reassessed your life goals, felt relieved that you're comfortable with your selfish lifestyle, sleeping in; life just throws you a curly one.

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Being pregnant

Someone asked me if I was looking forward to having my pre-baby body back.
And actually, I'm not really minding too much how I am now (of course, ask me when I'm 8.5 months pregnant!). But I am really enjoying being pregnant. I can understand how many mum's feel now who say that they liked being pregnant. I can so empathise. I know I will miss that feeling of someone kicking me from the inside!
A friend just had their 12 week scan and all was well, so now its all official, and its been interesting talking to her and how similar the feelings she's had leading up to this moment in time for her and her husband. The initial shock, the trepidation with scans, the paranoid eating habits (or lack of eating) and all the usual pregnancy symptoms.
I'm glad that we will be having kids 6 months apart, and that I can give her some advice when she asks for it, as its all still so fresh in my mind. It will be good to have someone to ring up and chat to when you need that support too.

No comments:

Post a Comment