When you've come to terms with the idea that you're not having children, you've reassessed your life goals, felt relieved that you're comfortable with your selfish lifestyle, sleeping in; life just throws you a curly one.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Wait list woes

We attended the maternity ward tour of my preferred hospital this evening. A very nice ward with great facilities, and newly refurbished private rooms.
But alas, we are still on the waiting list. Spoke to the midwife and she wasn't very positive about my chances of getting a spot. We should have heard already if there was an opening for me, but she said we could stay on the list and they can give us a call if our luck changes.
But she did suggest we book elsewhere in case, which we have.
*sigh*
I really did have my heart set on it, but I knew our chances were slim. Oh well, we can only hope for a spot later on. You can't always get what you want (shut up Mick!).

No comments:

Post a Comment