When you've come to terms with the idea that you're not having children, you've reassessed your life goals, felt relieved that you're comfortable with your selfish lifestyle, sleeping in; life just throws you a curly one.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Tentatively spreading the word

Ok so the other day (Monday) Hubby "accidentally" told someone about our impending parenthood. He was being quizzed about kids and all that, and he said he just couldn't lie any more. It wasn't even his best friend! We had toyed with the idea of telling one person each (other than immediate family), so he blew his one with this person!
So I in turn rang my BFF and told her the news. I was surprisingly emotional about it. She was over the moon. Of course its very mean of me to make her keep the secret for another 4 weeks, but she's been in that position before with other friends, so I'm sure the practice will steer her well.
Today we're going to have lunch with Hubby's parents and tell them the news. Tomorrow night we are having dinner with my Dad and brother and SIL and nephew to tell them the news.
Its now becoming very official...

No comments:

Post a Comment