When you've come to terms with the idea that you're not having children, you've reassessed your life goals, felt relieved that you're comfortable with your selfish lifestyle, sleeping in; life just throws you a curly one.

Friday, August 13, 2010

Preparing

Baby bag is packed and ready. Now I have to finish packing mine. I have most of the bits and pieces the hospital has listed, just need to go out and get some "comfortable day clothes, an old t-shirt for labour, maternity bra/top, nighties and slippers".
Then I can rest easy knowing that all we have to do is grab the two bags.
Not that its going to happen any time soon, I still have 6 weeks to go! But somehow 6 weeks doesn't sound like that long away.
I have to buy a fit ball too, I love sitting on those things and apparently they're handy for labour.

Gee, I hope the new house will be ready in time. But I am prepared to have the baby in this old house. Just would prefer not to, but I'm being realistic. Bub can sleep in a bassinet until we can move in. The thing is, the baby room will probably be ready, and maybe even our room (we're getting a new bed) it all hinges on the bathrooms. If they're not ready, there's no point in moving in. Painting should be finished in no time, then the carpets can go in probably if most of the bathroom has been tackled. Hydronic takes 2 days and is booked for early September, so we're using that as a rough date to start moving in.
Speaking of which, better start packing and culling stuff...

No comments:

Post a Comment