When you've come to terms with the idea that you're not having children, you've reassessed your life goals, felt relieved that you're comfortable with your selfish lifestyle, sleeping in; life just throws you a curly one.

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Walk cut short

Today was surprisingly sunny and still. Perfect for a nice, long walk along the bayside with my pooch. So I get ready to go, put my walking shoes on, and harness the doggy.
100 metres down the street and I have a stitch on my left side.
Great.
So I slow down, find a park bench and stretched it out a bit.
Nup.
Ok, so maybe if I just keep walking it'll pass.
So we walk along the canal (our usual walking route) on the way to the beach.
Nup.
It wouldn't go away. I had to press on the left side to mask the ache as I walked.
I find another park bench and thought I would just take 5 minutes to let it pass and sit down.
Nup.
Ok, abort mission. Head back to base. *sigh*
Such a lovely day wasted.
So I get home and plonk on the couch. I have a rub of my tummy and I feel this lump low down above the pubic bone. What on earth is that? I push on it a bit and it goes away.
Surely its not the baby's head? Cos the feet are on the right side.
I read somewhere that if you push against a lump, and you feel a lot of movement, then its the bottom or legs. And if the lump moves but you hardly feel anything, then its the head.
So according to those observations, it was the head. Surely that can't be comfortable!
Anyway, after 10 minutes on the couch not doing much, the stitch totally went away and I was right as rain again.
I guess baby didn't feel like much of a walk. Oh well. My poor dog will have to get used to being 2nd priority, sooner than expected!

No comments:

Post a Comment