When you've come to terms with the idea that you're not having children, you've reassessed your life goals, felt relieved that you're comfortable with your selfish lifestyle, sleeping in; life just throws you a curly one.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

First buy

I went to Baby Bunting to prep myself for the shopping list ahead.
Wow is that place huge.
Everything you could possibly need is all there. So it was a good opportunity to have a good look around and make little mental notes. It was daunting to think how much we have to get.
I'm not just talking the big ticket items, which really isn't all that much. Its the things like bottles, nappies, wraps, onesies, manchester, thermometers, etc.
Not having access to the room to decorate and not knowing the sex of the baby hinders the planning somewhat. Although there are plenty of non sex specific decorations available. Lots of neutrals.
Well I didn't go away empty handed. My first official purchase! I'm sure my chiropractor will tsk tsk me, but the Peanut Shell sling was on sale, so I just had to buy it. I saw it in a baby mag and thought it would be something I would like to use, despite the apparition of my chiropractor on my shoulder saying "that's not good for your back!". I chose a neutral colour so Hubby won't feel self conscious using it too.

It has whetted my appetite to buy more, but I have to pull on the reins a bit as I really don't want to accumulate too much that will just have to be moved to the new house.
Which reminds me, I should start doing some packing really, while I am more agile.

No comments:

Post a Comment