When you've come to terms with the idea that you're not having children, you've reassessed your life goals, felt relieved that you're comfortable with your selfish lifestyle, sleeping in; life just throws you a curly one.

Friday, January 29, 2010

No fun

No soft serve?! No deli meats?? No sushi?? No prawns?! Soft cheeses are out... Lysteria is evil. No salads even! My favourite cafe has the best salads ever and I am not allowed to partake for the next 34 weeks! Eeek!

Maaaann, and no tetanus shot, which means no volunteering at the animal shelter - dammit. And I was planning on a tattoo (in the works for 12 months) but that is out of the question too.

But now I know why pregnant women always hold their bellies. I could never work out why someone who is in the early stages would need to hold their tummy. But its cos your uterus is prepping itself and it feels plain weird down there! Feels like light period cramps, which saw me cradling my tummy when I was premenstrual anyway.

Ahhh the things you learn. I told myself, when we gave up on conceiving, that I was ok with not knowing what it felt like to have a baby kicking inside me. Now I guess I'll have that chance after all.

I'm thinking that after next week's appointment with the doc, depending on the test results, I will tell the immediate family only. I will have been almost 8 weeks by then. Besides, we would probably tell them even if we lost the baby, so why not share the happy news?

Oh and so far, no morning sickness. Woohoo! (Punches the air). Fingers crossed for me to miss that experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment