When you've come to terms with the idea that you're not having children, you've reassessed your life goals, felt relieved that you're comfortable with your selfish lifestyle, sleeping in; life just throws you a curly one.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Things have progressed

Ok, so late on Friday night (technically early Saturday morning) at approximately 2:45am, my water broke while I was falling asleep in bed.
Hubby was sound asleep when I nudged him and told him the news. He was dubious at first, in his sleepiness, but once I showed him the water stain, he was up and getting dressed.
A quick phone call to the hospital and they asked me to come in.
Six and a half hours later at 9:20am on Saturday August 28th, Tilly was born:

Weighing in at just 2.39 kg / 5.5 lbs, 44 cm long and almost 3 weeks premature.
My labour progressed quite quickly and I could only rely on gas to see me through. In the end, she required the vacuum to help deliver Tilly into the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment